Welcome to BASIS Phoenix, home of the Firebirds!
Our tuition-free, public charter school serves students in grades 6–12. We are proud to be part of the BASIS Charter Schools network which has been providing world-class education since 1998. Each of our campuses follows a STEM-infused, liberal arts program designed to propel your student farther than they ever thought possible.
Everyone at the Phoenix campus is here to cultivate a love of learning, natural curiosity, and a desire to excel in your student. Their success is our success.
U.S. News & World Report: 2022 Best U.S. High School Rankings
- #12 in Charter High Schools
- #16 in STEM High Schools
- #58 in National Rankings
Please reserve your place by registering for any upcoming tour/event.
Phoenix School TourApril 4 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am MST
Phoenix School TourApril 11 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am MST
Phoenix School TourApril 18 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am MST
Phoenix School TourApril 25 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am MST
Subscribe to Learn More
Head of School
James began his career in education in 2006 and has a long history with BASIS Charter Schools. He worked at BASIS Tucson from 2006 to 2012, BASIS Tucson North from 2012 to 2015, BASIS Chandler from 2015 to 2021, and now at BASIS Phoenix.
- MEd in Educational Leadership from Arizona State University
- MA in Theatre Studies from The University of Arizona
- BA in Drama from Dartmouth College
Head of Operations
Born in Canada, Kelsey joined the BASIS Ed central office in 2017. She worked in Operations, Procurement, and as a Risk Manager overseeing Insurance. She transferred to BASIS Phoenix in 2021.
- MA, Global Business, University of Victoria
- BA, International Business, University of Northern British Columbia
Director of Student Affairs
Susan received a BS in elementary and early childhood education and a MEd specializing in critical thinking. She has 27 years of teaching experience and has been with BASIS Charter Schools since 2012.
- MEd, Elementary Teaching and Training, Montclair State University
- BS, Elementary and Kindergarten Education, Penn State University
Andrea I. Sheffield
Director of Academic Programs
Andrea has been with BASIS Phoenix since the school opened in 2012. She was part of the Student Affairs team before moving to Academic Programs in 2018. As DAP, she is responsible for scheduling, transcripts, report cards as well as our National Honor Society chapter, and our school library.
- BS, Family and Human Development, Arizona State University
- MA, Psychology in Education, Mary Lou Fulton Institute & Graduate School of Education at Arizona State University