Welcome to BASIS Phoenix, home of the Firebirds!
Our tuition-free, public charter school serves students in grades 6–12. We are proud to be part of the BASIS Charter Schools network which has been providing world-class education since 1998. Each of our campuses follows a STEM-infused, liberal arts program designed to propel your student farther than they ever thought possible.
Everyone at the Phoenix campus is here to cultivate a love of learning, natural curiosity, and a desire to excel in your student. Their success is our success.
U.S. News & World Report: 2023–24 Best U.S. High School Rankings
Head of School
James began his career in education in 2006 and has a long history with BASIS Charter Schools. He worked at BASIS Tucson from 2006 to 2012, BASIS Tucson North from 2012 to 2015, BASIS Chandler from 2015 to 2021, and now at BASIS Phoenix.
- MEd in Educational Leadership from Arizona State University
- MA in Theatre Studies from The University of Arizona
- BA in Drama from Dartmouth College
Head of Operations
Born in Canada, Kelsey joined the BASIS Ed central office in 2017. She worked in Operations, Procurement, and as a Risk Manager overseeing Insurance. She transferred to BASIS Phoenix in 2021.
- MA, Global Business, University of Victoria
- BA, International Business, University of Northern British Columbia
Director of Academic Programs
Andrea has been with BASIS Phoenix since the school opened in 2012. She was part of the Student Affairs team before moving to Academic Programs in 2018. As DAP, she is responsible for scheduling, transcripts, report cards as well as our National Honor Society chapter, and our school library.
- MA, Psychology in Education, Mary Lou Fulton Institute & Graduate School of Education at Arizona State University
- BS, Family and Human Development, Arizona State University
Director of Student Affairs
Beth Martin has been a career educator in North and South Carolina since 1999. She began as a middle and high school math and science teacher, taking on more leadership and administrative roles through June of 2023 when she relocated to the Phoenix area. Beth’s role as Director of Student Affairs consists of monitoring students’ academic performance and behavior and providing both academic and social-emotional support for all students
- MEd, Leadership of Educational Organizations, American Intercontinental University
- BEd, Middle Grades Education, Western Carolina University